The new data warehouse has gone live on the vLearning platform for all subscriptions. This new feature is backed by the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and will enable a new range of advanced reporting and analytics based features to be included in the coming months.
The key goals of this new development are
- to provide both aggregate and fine-grained information across all learning interactions
- to provide instant access without impacting other system performance
- to provide a high degree of flexibility in how data can be filtered and analysed
Example questions that will be accessible using the new system include:
- What activity has there been on an event?
- What learning modes do learners prefer?
- Who are the most involved learners?
- How well is X performing compared to her peers?
- Who has shared the most files?
This provides support for enhanced analytics dashboards and also paves the way further gamification features to encourage increased learner engagement and motivation.